Tirupati: Few decades ago when Indian scientists used to carry satellite equipment on their bicycles, the world mocked India and predicted that India will never be able to make progress in the Space research. Over past few years, our Indian scientists have proven all of them completely wrong with huge advancements taking place at ISRO.
Not only launching the satellites for domestic use, ISRO has become a commercially viable option for countries across the world to launch their satellites. The commercial transactions with various countries are carried out through Antrix which is a wing of ISRO for handling commercial dealings.
ISRO is all set for the launch of a record of 103 satellites only in the month of February and out of these 103 satellites majority of these are for countries across the world which includes Germany and the United States which is much advanced in the aeronautical engineering. Initially the plan was to launch 83 satellites out of which 80 would belong to foreign countries, however, the plan has changed later.
“We are making a century by launching over 100 satellites at one go,” said S Somnath, Director of the Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre of the Isro.
“These will be 100 micro-small satellites, which will be launched using a PSLV (Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle)- C37. The weight of the payload will be 1350 kgs, of which 500-600 kgs will be the satellite’s weight,” he added.
ISRO has launched 22 satellites in 2016 and 28 satellites for almost 13 countries during the period 2013 to 2015 which generated a huge revenue of $101 million.
This launch of 103 Satellites will be done using the ISRO’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle-C37. If the launch is successful, India will hold a world record for launching so many satellites at a time.
For more updates follow us on our Twitter handle @Newshub_india, like our Facebook page @Newshub.in or bookmark NewsHub by pressing Ctrl+D.
- Facebook and Whatsapp are stealing your data - January 16, 2017
- Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro launched- Features and Specifications - January 15, 2017
- Huawei P8 Lite(2017) Price, Specs and Features - January 14, 2017
- Reliance JIO Feature phones to be available at Rs.999 - January 13, 2017
- Khaidi No.150 breaks Baahubali records - January 12, 2017
- Lenovo P2 Announced in India, to be available on flipkart - January 10, 2017
- Vodafone Unlimited 4G data pack launched. - January 8, 2017
- Government Responds to Pawan Kalyan’s demands - January 7, 2017
- Samsung Galaxy J1 price, review and specs - January 7, 2017
- Samsung Chromebook Plus Review and Specs - January 6, 2017