Tirupati: Few decades ago when Indian scientists used to carry satellite equipment on their bicycles, the world mocked India and predicted that India will never be able to make progress in the Space research. Over past few years, our Indian scientists have proven all of them completely wrong with huge advancements taking place at ISRO.
Not only launching the satellites for domestic use, ISRO has become a commercially viable option for countries across the world to launch their satellites. The commercial transactions with various countries are carried out through Antrix which is a wing of ISRO for handling commercial dealings.
ISRO is all set for the launch of a record of 103 satellites only in the month of February and out of these 103 satellites majority of these are for countries across the world which includes Germany and the United States which is much advanced in the aeronautical engineering. Initially the plan was to launch 83 satellites out of which 80 would belong to foreign countries, however, the plan has changed later.
“We are making a century by launching over 100 satellites at one go,” said S Somnath, Director of the Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre of the Isro.
“These will be 100 micro-small satellites, which will be launched using a PSLV (Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle)- C37. The weight of the payload will be 1350 kgs, of which 500-600 kgs will be the satellite’s weight,” he added.
ISRO has launched 22 satellites in 2016 and 28 satellites for almost 13 countries during the period 2013 to 2015 which generated a huge revenue of $101 million.
This launch of 103 Satellites will be done using the ISRO’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle-C37. If the launch is successful, India will hold a world record for launching so many satellites at a time.
For more updates follow us on our Twitter handle @Newshub_india, like our Facebook page @Newshub.in or bookmark NewsHub by pressing Ctrl+D.
- U Me aur Ghar: India’s first Web Movie on February 10th - February 8, 2017
- Samsung Pay service to be launched in India soon - February 6, 2017
- Katamarayudu Teaser out, trends on twitter - February 4, 2017
- Surya and Shruthi Hassan’s Singham 3 Press Meet Photos - January 29, 2017
- Facebook to copy Snapchat features - January 29, 2017
- Xiaomi Global VP Hugo Barra resigns, to start something new. - January 23, 2017
- Bangalore to Chennai in 30 minutes, Is Hyperloop possible? - January 21, 2017
- BHIM App reaches 10 million downloads on Playstore - January 20, 2017
- Vivo V5 Plus Price, Features and Specifications - January 19, 2017
- Taran Adarsh Celebrates 1.5 million followers - January 18, 2017