Google Maps: Last year on June 30 google India has launched the google maps with live traffic updates in 12 major cities namely Kolkata, Coimbatore, Lucknow, Surat, Thiruvananthapuram, Indore, Ludhiana, Visakhapatnam, Nagpur, Kochi, Madurai and Bhopal and the users using a live traffic updates layer on their google maps could activate it to have a look at the traffic all over the city and plan their trip accordingly.
The service was later extended to major cities like Hyderabad, Delhi , Mumbai and a few more which worked really accurately indicating traffic using three colours :
- Green- No traffic delays
- Orange- A medium amount of traffic
- Red- To be aware of heavy traffics.
The doubt as to whether will Google maps be a paid service has raised once after google India started coming up with huge hoardings all over the city of Hyderabad about the various benefits of using the same at all major locations in the city where people are stuck in traffic.
Google India has never advertised any of its services in the past except the google nexus phones, in a public domain using offline marketing such as hoardings and people would still use it’s google maps service even if it’s advertised as it’s a default app and it’s become a basic necessity when one travels to an all new place.
Google is prompting messages to all android users on it’s google maps about adding information regarding the various places visited by him/her so as to provide this information to others and it is accurate most of the times which contain details such as contact, opening and closing time and also when a particular place is busy and when it has less crowd.
It seems to be developing an intelligent database for its artificial intelligence tool Google Assistant.
And if google makes the google maps a paid service it can be a huge revenue for its Indian subsidiary.
It can launch the same either in having two versions where one will be a basic one and the other a premium service for which one shall have to pay.
The trend of paid app services for live traffic updates and information about various is already done in other countries by wize.com and inrix.com.
We should just wait and see Google India’s move.
- New Samsung Galaxy A5 and A7 launched - March 6, 2017
- U Me aur Ghar: India’s first Web Movie on February 10th - February 8, 2017
- Samsung Pay service to be launched in India soon - February 6, 2017
- Katamarayudu Teaser out, trends on twitter - February 4, 2017
- Surya and Shruthi Hassan’s Singham 3 Press Meet Photos - January 29, 2017
- Facebook to copy Snapchat features - January 29, 2017
- Xiaomi Global VP Hugo Barra resigns, to start something new. - January 23, 2017
- Bangalore to Chennai in 30 minutes, Is Hyperloop possible? - January 21, 2017
- BHIM App reaches 10 million downloads on Playstore - January 20, 2017
- Vivo V5 Plus Price, Features and Specifications - January 19, 2017