Google Maps: Last year on June 30 google India has launched the google maps with live traffic updates in 12 major cities namely Kolkata, Coimbatore, Lucknow, Surat, Thiruvananthapuram, Indore, Ludhiana, Visakhapatnam, Nagpur, Kochi, Madurai and Bhopal and the users using a live traffic updates layer on their google maps could activate it to have a look at the traffic all over the city and plan their trip accordingly.
The service was later extended to major cities like Hyderabad, Delhi , Mumbai and a few more which worked really accurately indicating traffic using three colours :
- Green- No traffic delays
- Orange- A medium amount of traffic
- Red- To be aware of heavy traffics.
The doubt as to whether will Google maps be a paid service has raised once after google India started coming up with huge hoardings all over the city of Hyderabad about the various benefits of using the same at all major locations in the city where people are stuck in traffic.
Google India has never advertised any of its services in the past except the google nexus phones, in a public domain using offline marketing such as hoardings and people would still use it’s google maps service even if it’s advertised as it’s a default app and it’s become a basic necessity when one travels to an all new place.
Google is prompting messages to all android users on it’s google maps about adding information regarding the various places visited by him/her so as to provide this information to others and it is accurate most of the times which contain details such as contact, opening and closing time and also when a particular place is busy and when it has less crowd.
It seems to be developing an intelligent database for its artificial intelligence tool Google Assistant.
And if google makes the google maps a paid service it can be a huge revenue for its Indian subsidiary.
It can launch the same either in having two versions where one will be a basic one and the other a premium service for which one shall have to pay.
The trend of paid app services for live traffic updates and information about various is already done in other countries by wize.com and inrix.com.
We should just wait and see Google India’s move.
- Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro launched- Features and Specifications - January 15, 2017
- Huawei P8 Lite(2017) Price, Specs and Features - January 14, 2017
- Reliance JIO Feature phones to be available at Rs.999 - January 13, 2017
- Khaidi No.150 breaks Baahubali records - January 12, 2017
- Lenovo P2 Announced in India, to be available on flipkart - January 10, 2017
- Vodafone Unlimited 4G data pack launched. - January 8, 2017
- Government Responds to Pawan Kalyan’s demands - January 7, 2017
- Samsung Galaxy J1 price, review and specs - January 7, 2017
- Samsung Chromebook Plus Review and Specs - January 6, 2017
- ISRO to hit century at one go in February 2017 - January 5, 2017