BHIM UPI-based app launched by PM
The Honourable Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday launched the BHIM app which stands for BHARAT INTERFACE FOR MONEY for making digital payments smooth, post demonetization.This app is based on the UPI ( United Payments Interface) and developed by National Payments Corporation of India.
The BHIM app comes with primarily two languages Hindi And English. It was built primarily on Hindi based because Hindi being the most spoken language and our sources confirmed that the BHIM app will be developed supporting other regional languages such as Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Marathi and many others to meet the needs of those who aren’t proficient with English and Hindi.
The following banks are supported by BHIM:
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Axis Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Catholic Syrian Bank
- Central Bank of India
- DCB Bank
- Dena Bank
- Federal Bank
- HDFC Bank
- ICICI Bank
- IDBI Bank
- IDFC Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- IndusInd Bank
- Karnataka Bank
- Karur Vysya Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- RBL Bank
- South Indian Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- State Bank of India
- Syndicate Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
The Payments on this app can be made using two different modes such as 1.Unified Payments Interface where one has to register an UPI email which will be in the format of xxxx@bankname and the payments from one bank to the other can be made without the need of any bank account number and IFSC code, by using the UPI email ID of the money recipient. It’s a much smoother process than adding a payee to one’s account and then transferring the amount through NEFT/IMPS/RTGS.
2. The QR code method where the payment receiver will have a QR code generated on his mobile after he opens the BHIM app and the payee should just scan the QR code of the receiver and enter the amount to make the transfer.
The App requires permission to one’s message Inbox. The app will verify whether the account details through OTP procedure.
PM Shri.Narendra Modi also announced that the app can be used even on the feature phones which do not have any connectivity to the GPRS using the USSD interface by dialling *99# in one’s keypad.
The BHIM app is presently available only on the Android Platform and is supported by the following banks.
- New Samsung Galaxy A5 and A7 launched - March 6, 2017
- U Me aur Ghar: India’s first Web Movie on February 10th - February 8, 2017
- Samsung Pay service to be launched in India soon - February 6, 2017
- Katamarayudu Teaser out, trends on twitter - February 4, 2017
- Surya and Shruthi Hassan’s Singham 3 Press Meet Photos - January 29, 2017
- Facebook to copy Snapchat features - January 29, 2017
- Xiaomi Global VP Hugo Barra resigns, to start something new. - January 23, 2017
- Bangalore to Chennai in 30 minutes, Is Hyperloop possible? - January 21, 2017
- BHIM App reaches 10 million downloads on Playstore - January 20, 2017
- Vivo V5 Plus Price, Features and Specifications - January 19, 2017