Airtel announces free 4G data
September 5th was the day when the Jio was officially out for public with tonnes of offers for it’s subscribers. The day when the telecom sector share prices were dropped steep down making it a total loss of Rs. 13,165 crores. This fall down in share prices was majorly witnessed by the three telecom Companies Bharti Airtel Ltd whose shares fell by 9% , Idea cellular Ltd whose shares fell by 9.5% and the Mukesh Ambani brother’s company Reliance Communications suffered a market loss of Rs.1,182.27 crore immediately after the announcement made by Mukesh Ambani at the Reliance Industries Limited 42nd AGM.
The combat the freebies strategy followed by Reliance Jio, Bharti Airtel Ltd owned telecom leader Airtel has announced free 4G Data offer for a period of one year. The offer is available for all the existing user with a 4G compatible handset and those who obtain a new sim can avail this offer.
Highlights of the Airtel FREE 4G data offer:
1. To be eligible under this scheme, one should either take a new sim during the offer period i.e which starts from today and it remains open until 28th February and should be using a 4g compatible device only.
2. Recharge with a Rs.345 special pack to activate this free 4G data offer which gives 4GB of 4G data free which shall remain valid for a period of 28 days.
3. Under the Rs.345 pack, one can make unlimited STD and local calls to any network for free.
4. The pack will be active for a period of only 28 days, which is similar to the packs launched by Reliance jio, unlike the usual 31 days full month pack.
5. Airtel postpaid offer includes a pack of Rs.549 where 6GB of free data along with free unlimited local and STD calls can be made for one billing cycle. And for those who want more data can go for the Rs.749 pack which offers 8GB of free 4G data with the unlimited local and STD calls.
6. The offer shall be available until 31st December.
Though Jio has extended the free Data and voice calls offers in the name of HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017 offer, due to poor signal strength and call connectivity, there is a high chance that those who prefer quality would migrate back to Airtel with this attractive offer.