Team India Fitness Coach Shankar Basu Resigns
Shankar Basu has given in his resignation papers to the BCCI soon after the India Vs England 5th Test recently. He is the coach for the Indian Cricket team’s strength & Conditioning. This decision came soon after the recent injuries incurred by the cricketers. The official reason is not yet confirmed. It is understood although the team management asked him to reconsider his decision he chose not to. Earlier Shankar Basu worked with the Squash players Dipika Pallikal and Joshna Chinappa. Apart from this, he also takes care of Royal Challengers Bangalore IPL fitness.
Secret Behind Virat Kohli’s Energy
He is one of the secrets behind Virat Kohli’s energy and the energetic cricketer is a great fan of the coach. Shankar Basu became part of Team India in the year 2015 just before the Sri Lanka Tour. Meanwhile, the Board of Control for Cricket in India has not decided on a replacement as yet. Prior to Shankar Basu, it was Coach Sudarshan who was a fitness coach. Now he is at the National Cricket Academy and may be in line for a replacement if Basu’s resignation is accepted. In January 2017, India will play England in the three One-Day Internationals and three T20 Internationals.
BCCI speaks on Shankar Basu Resignation
“No player complained about his methods. But a few did raise questions about the intensity and the program, which is normal because for each player the routine is different. The team’s fitness has increased by leaps and bounds, and it is a huge shock that Basu resigned. We are still sitting over the letter,” confirmed the sources from BCCI. Shankar Basu gets credit for changing Virat Kohli into a world-class athlete. He also worked with the State of Tamil Nadu Ranji Trophy team.
For more updates follow us on our twitter handle @Newsub_india
- Sasikala Natarajan looses her post in AIADMK - February 17, 2017
- Apple iPhone 8 to go completely button less - February 17, 2017
- Google To Remove Torrents Links says Reports - February 16, 2017
- February Telugu Movie Releases - February 12, 2017
- Room Temperature can charge your Phone and Wearables - February 12, 2017
- Rahul Gandhi questions Modi on Swiss Bank accounts - February 11, 2017
- Dasari Narayana Rao health critical, treated on ventilator - February 2, 2017
- My twitter replies are better than MP’s says Pawan Kalyan - January 31, 2017
- Hrithik Roshans Kaabil’s collections manipulated - January 29, 2017
- Chandrababu Denies permission for the protest - January 25, 2017