Steven Smith Slams 17th Test Century Before Rain Ruins Day Again
Australian skipper Steven Smith made 17th test century on Thursday before the match was halted due to sudden rain on the fourth day of the second test against Pakistan in Melbourne. Smith cut Sohail Khan for three through the off-side to make a century in the fourth test this year.
He stood unbeaten at 100 with Mitchell Starc with 465 scores on the board. The umpires took the players from the field for deteriorating light just before a storm hit the Melbourne Cricket stadium. Australia has lost its wickets like Nic maddinson and Matthew Wade under pressure in the middle of the game.
Maddinson wicket was taken by Yasir Shah which was a bowled off-stump for 22 off 55 balls. Wicketkeeper Wade once again missed out and was caught in the slips off a slash outside off-stump from Sohail Khan for just nine.
Sohail Khan struggled just like in his last innings against South Africa. He just made 9 runs overall this time around. Azhar Ali who made a grand score of 205 in Pakistan’s first innings was hit by the ball bowled by Wade and was taken from the field for observation.
Usman Khawaja’s wicket was taken when he is at 97 when he edged Wahab Riaz to wicketkeeper Sarfraz Ahmed. He was out in the fifth over of the game and walked out of the ground. Khawaja previously missed century in the innings with South Africa last month.
Peter Handscomb made his third half-century in his three tests to help improve the score of Australia. His wicket was taken away by Mohammad Amir when he was at 51. Handscomb made a score of 92 runs with Smith off 141 balls. Paceman Riaz gave no-balls for 12 times in the 27 overs he bowled up until now.
For more updates follow us on our twitter handle @Newshub_India.
- Chandrababu Naidu asks for GPSK research copy - January 14, 2017
- Gautami Putra Satakarni Review Rating, Story Plot, Audience Talk, Plus and Minus Points - January 12, 2017
- Khaidi No 150 Movie Review Rating | Story Plot | Audience Response | First Day Box Office Collections – 4/5 - January 11, 2017
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley Finally Releases Tax Collection Data - January 9, 2017
- Another Molestation Case Filed in Bengaluru - January 9, 2017
- Om Puri’s Driver reveals Details on Exclusive NewsX Channel - January 9, 2017
- Will Sourav Ganguly replace Anurag Thakur as BCCI President? - January 3, 2017
- Telangana State Govt Allots Land to Olympics Medallist PV Sindhu - January 3, 2017
- Somdev Says ‘Bye Bye’ To Tennis Career - January 2, 2017
- BSNL Announces Unlimited Voice Calling, Bundled Data Plans at Rs. 144 - January 2, 2017