Somdev Says ‘Bye Bye’ To Tennis Career
It was the Chennai Open during the year 2009, which witnessed the sudden upsurge of Somdev Devvarman. At that time, Devvarman was 23 years old.During the match, Som beat Carlos Moya and Ivo Karlovic in consecutive sessions and got a chance to enter the final match and lost the match to Marin Cilic.
Now, Som made entry to 2017 by taking retirement from his tennis profession.“Beginning 2017 on a new note, retiring from pro tennis. Thanks to everybody for the love and backing over the years #newyearnewbeginnings,” Devvarmanstated on Sunday.Since turning pro in the year 2008, he was the nation’s top singles performer for the majority of his playing profession.
Some attained his peak position of 62 in the globe during the year 2011 before a repeating shoulder injury hit his profession. He returned sturdily during the year 2013, hitting the top hundred list once again, however, since mid-2014 his position has progressively declined.
He got attention with a revolutionary presentation at the Chennai Open during the year 2009 when he made to the finale before losing the game to Cilic.The player made his Davis Cup debut at Uzbekistan during the year 2008.His concluding contest was in a Futures occasionduringMarch last year in the United States where he lost in the quarterfinals.
“I last played a match in Indian Wells in March (2015) and after that, I had a chat with my people. I pretty much decided at that time that it was time to stop. I have read people saying I was injury plagued but it was not about that. I wanted to play for right reasons. Playing for me was always super fun and passion, that was dying or slowing down,” SomdevDevvarman stated on the sidelines of Chennai Open.In the year 2011, he was rewarded with the prestigious Arjuna Award.
For more updates follow us on our twitter handle @Newshub_India or bookmark newshub.in
- YSRCP MLA Roja kidnapped by AP Police: Claims YSRCP officials - February 11, 2017
- Singam 3 Movie Review, Rating and Storyline - February 9, 2017
- Arun Kumar appointed as CEO of KPMG INDIA - February 5, 2017
- Nenu Local Movie Review, Rating and Storyline - February 3, 2017
- Daggubati Venkatesh’s ‘GURU’ release postponed - January 29, 2017
- Virat focuses more on match and not Awards - January 25, 2017
- Kaabil Movie Review, Rating and Story plot-4/5 - January 24, 2017
- Raees Movie Review, Rating and Story Plot-4/5 - January 24, 2017
- After Rajni and Kamal, RGV now bashes other Jallikattu supporters - January 22, 2017
- Ram Gopal Varma bashes Rajnikanth and Kamal Hassan for supporting Jallikattu - January 21, 2017