Shiva Keshavan Clinches Gold at Asian Luge Championship
It was only about a week back this brave champion suffered a tendon injury when his sled broke in a crash at 130kmph. In spite of his injury on Friday this Winter Olympian, Shiva Keshavan got a gold medal at the Asian Luge Championship. He finished the second heat race in a 1: 39.962 or one min. and 39.962 seconds with a top speed of 130.4kmph. Second in line was Tanaka Shohei from Japan with one minute and 44.874 seconds with a top speed of 124.6 kmph for silver. Third or bronze medal was taken by Chinese Taipei’s Lien Te-An who raced at the top speed of 126.3 kmph and won in one minute and 45.120 seconds time.
The brave winner Keshavan did not only bear his recent injury to win the race. He went through turbulent times to compete in the Winter Olympics and clinch the Asian Luge Championship Title. Due to insufficient funds, he had to withdraw earlier from the 2016 World Championships. This was his turnaround of events for brave Keshavan to lead the event at the Spiral Olympic Track.
This Asian Luge Championship Gold Medalist said, “I was determined to not let anything deter me from the gold medal this time, so despite all the obstacles I decided to risk everything in the race. I want to express my deepest gratitude to all my supporters and sponsors Mallcom Ltd., Hero Electronix, Hero Fincorp and Micromax, without whom I would not have been able to get back on track and win this medal for India”. This coming year he is all set to participate in the World Championship 2017 held in Innsbruck, Austria. He will also lead up the eligibility process for the Olympic Winter Games 2018 when he competes at the World Cup Circuit.
For more updates follow us on twitter handle @Newshub_India or bookmark newshub.in
- Sasikala Natarajan looses her post in AIADMK - February 17, 2017
- Apple iPhone 8 to go completely button less - February 17, 2017
- Google To Remove Torrents Links says Reports - February 16, 2017
- February Telugu Movie Releases - February 12, 2017
- Room Temperature can charge your Phone and Wearables - February 12, 2017
- Rahul Gandhi questions Modi on Swiss Bank accounts - February 11, 2017
- Dasari Narayana Rao health critical, treated on ventilator - February 2, 2017
- My twitter replies are better than MP’s says Pawan Kalyan - January 31, 2017
- Hrithik Roshans Kaabil’s collections manipulated - January 29, 2017
- Chandrababu Denies permission for the protest - January 25, 2017