PPA suspends CM, Deputy CM & 5 MLAs
On Thursday, the northeastern state of Arunachal Pradesh Government Ruling Party called PPA temporarily suspended a few. The People’s Party of Arunachal along with five MLA’s also suspended the deputy chief minister Chowna Mein and CM Pema Khandu. Five of the suspended MLAs include C.T. Mein, Jambey Tashi, P.D. Sona, Kamlung Mossang and Zignu Namchoom. After several months including political turmoil, Pema Khandu became the Chief Minister on July 16, 2016. He replaced Nabam Tuki who the Apex Court reinstated as State’s Chief Minister on July 13, 2016.
“The party is planning to go to the common people and accordingly directed the party cadres to go to the block and district level and consult with common people and get first-hand information and to start a mass movement against demonetization,” said APCC (Arunachal Pradesh Congress Committee) President Padi Richo. He appealed to party workers to get ready for midterm polls or if Congress would likely be reinstated situations.
Back in the month of September, 41 legislators with Pema Khandu and Speaker Tenzing Norbu Thongduk went to the PPA. This was the major embarrassment for the Congress who holds one of its oldest bastions in the Northeast in Arunachal Pradesh. Last year the state saw huge political turmoil and then the Tuki led Congress government first time to fall in January this year. Later on February 19th, the late Kalikho Pul Government followed after President’s rule was imposed. Former Chief Minister Nabam Tuki is one and only Congress Party MLA left.
Kalikho Pul along with 29 Congress MLAs joined the People’s Party of Arunachal in February. Then the Supreme Court ordered the Congress Government to be reinstated and termed the BJP backed Pul-led PPA Government “unconstitutional.” Later in the year on August 9, 2016, the Former Chief Minister Late Kalikho Pul committed suicide.
For more updates follow us on our twitter handle @Newshub_India or bookmark newshub.in
- Reliance Jio to invest 30,000 crores for expansion - January 14, 2017
- Asteroid Os-A Ray of Hope for Android Wearables - January 11, 2017
- Chiranjeevi and Pawan Kalyan Fight revealed. - January 5, 2017
- People worried about Return of ATM Debit Card Charge - January 3, 2017
- Transport Services Affected in Delhi due to Immense Fog - January 3, 2017
- Petrol Price Raised by Rs 1.29 Litre & Diesel Price by 97 Paise in New Delhi - January 2, 2017
- Deputy CM of Delhi Manish Sisodia’s Office Ransacked - December 31, 2016
- PPA suspends CM, Deputy CM & 5 MLAs - December 30, 2016
- Fire at the Pune Bakery- 6 charred to death - December 30, 2016
- CG Initiates Huge Campaign to Explain Demonetization Drive - December 29, 2016