Supreme Court sacks Anurag Thakur as BCCI president
In the hearing, which will efficiently settle the coming time of cricket management in the nation, the country’s Supreme Court has sacked Anurag Thakur as BCCI president and Ajay Shirke, the BCCI secretary with a show-cause notification regarding charges of untruthfulness and disrespect of court.
The supreme court has given time until Jan 19 to Mr. Thakur to answer the SC’saccusations.
In its order, the Supreme Court, on Jan 02, has asked Thakur and Shirke to vacate BCCI office immediately.
The Justice RM LodhaGroup’s commendations for a refurbishment of the cricket management were also given priority, with the SC debarring all the panel and its state affiliation office bearers those who failed to go well with the latest rules determined by the board.
TheSupreme Court will swap the heads of the BCCI with a new board of officers, also to be determined by January 19.
“The Supreme Court signs an order addressingAnurag Thakur and Ajay Shirke to discontinue their functioning at once,” stated the ruling.
The order, penned by Justice Chandrachud, completely backed Lodha board recommendation to exile BCCI office holders and overseers of associated State associations with ages more than 70, who are bankrupt, administrative heads and servants, incumbents of other sports and athletic affiliations, those who have already baskedaround9 years at the BCCI channel and those accused of illegal wrong doings.
The SC held that a group of overseers would be nominated to direct the BCCI on an everyday basis. The Bench wanted “objective support” from experienced advocate Fali Nariman and friend of the court and senior advocate Gopal Subramanium to select individuals of knowledge and honesty for the group.
In the meantime, till the group gets set up, the SC asked the senior-most BCCI VP to act as president and the combined secretary to replace Thakur and Shirke.
The next hearing will take place on January 19.
- YSRCP MLA Roja kidnapped by AP Police: Claims YSRCP officials - February 11, 2017
- Singam 3 Movie Review, Rating and Storyline - February 9, 2017
- Arun Kumar appointed as CEO of KPMG INDIA - February 5, 2017
- Nenu Local Movie Review, Rating and Storyline - February 3, 2017
- Daggubati Venkatesh’s ‘GURU’ release postponed - January 29, 2017
- Virat focuses more on match and not Awards - January 25, 2017
- Kaabil Movie Review, Rating and Story plot-4/5 - January 24, 2017
- Raees Movie Review, Rating and Story Plot-4/5 - January 24, 2017
- After Rajni and Kamal, RGV now bashes other Jallikattu supporters - January 22, 2017
- Ram Gopal Varma bashes Rajnikanth and Kamal Hassan for supporting Jallikattu - January 21, 2017