On September when the Chairman of Reliance Group of Industries officially announced the launch of Reliance Jio for the general public use during the 42nd Annual General Meeting the share prices of all Telcos have fallen sharply. Amongst them Idea Cellular limited and Bharti Airtel lost close to Rs.12,250 crores of market capitalization only during the 45 minutes speech of Mukesh Ambani during Reliance Jio launch.
The reason for this huge fall down in the share prices of all Telcos was simple as Reliance Jio has come up with an offer called as Reliance Jio Welcome offer which offered unlimited voice calling and unlimited 4G data usage with a FUP of 4Gb/day and announced predatory low prices for the same services when the offer ends. The rest competitors like Bharti Airtel, Idea cellular limited, BSNL, Telenor, Vodafone were all forced to reduce their 4G data prices up to 80% i.e. from Rs250 per Gb to as low as Rs.51/Gb and came up with huge discounts on voice packs too.
None of the strategies implemented could withstand the major step taken in the Indian telecom industry by Reliance Jio and there was a huge shift in the consumer base. And also the launch of Reliance Jio has resulted in increasing the subscriber base to 1074 million and TRAI confirmed the role of Jio in it.
And to further captivate the whole market Jio has announced a Happy New Year offer up to 2017 March where every user who obtains the connection for Reliance jio after December 4th can avail the benefit of free data with 1Gb as FUP limit. And all the existing subscribers who have taken connection before December will also be migrated to this scheme.
The FUP limit in the Happy New Year 2017 offer by Reliance JIO is set as 1Gb to comply with the TRAI regulations regarding free services.
But sources say that Reliance Jio is looking for various possibilities for extending the Happy New Year offer too as they feel that the user haven’t had a smooth experience during this offer period because of huge call drop rate and it isn’t right to charge the customer without providing him a proper service.
For more latest updates bookmark newshub.in by pressing Ctrl+D
- U Me aur Ghar: India’s first Web Movie on February 10th - February 8, 2017
- Samsung Pay service to be launched in India soon - February 6, 2017
- Katamarayudu Teaser out, trends on twitter - February 4, 2017
- Surya and Shruthi Hassan’s Singham 3 Press Meet Photos - January 29, 2017
- Facebook to copy Snapchat features - January 29, 2017
- Xiaomi Global VP Hugo Barra resigns, to start something new. - January 23, 2017
- Bangalore to Chennai in 30 minutes, Is Hyperloop possible? - January 21, 2017
- BHIM App reaches 10 million downloads on Playstore - January 20, 2017
- Vivo V5 Plus Price, Features and Specifications - January 19, 2017
- Taran Adarsh Celebrates 1.5 million followers - January 18, 2017