Rahul Gandhi Says Demonetization Is A Foolish Decision
New Delhi:Vice President of Congress Party, Rahul Gandhi on Thursday said Demonetization is a foolish decision. The opposition party observed a ‘Black Day’ in Parliament premises yesterday marking one month of the announcement of note bank.
Rahul said Prime Minster Narendra Modi’s decision is a foolish decision and has devastated the country. Mr. Gandhi accused Modi of shying away from having a discussion on this issue in the Parliament and said that opposition parties will not let him run away from both houses, where everything will become clear once the PM takes part in the debate.
Addressing the reporters outside the Parliament, he said the PM is having a nice time and has over the past one month changed his narrative on the issue while people are reeling under hardships.
Other than Congress who called it a black day, other party leaders including TMC, CPI, CPM, JD (U), Samajwadi joined the protest wearing a black band on their arms.
Rahul demanded a debate in Lok Sabha on Demonetization
Gandhi said ‘The Prime Minister took this so-called bold decision. The bold decision can also be a foolish decision. And this was a foolish decision, it has devastated the country. More than 100 people have died. Farmers, fishermen, daily wage earners have been hit hard.’
He went on and said that ‘He is laughing. He is having a nice time, while the people of the country are suffering. So, he is switching from one issue to another. And we are going to catch him inside the House. He is not going to be able to run inside the House.’
Talking about the PM’s cashless economy, Gandhi said ‘there is this concept of PayTM. Pay to Modi, that’s the idea behind the cashless economy. That is few people should get maximum benefit from cash transactions.’
- Sasikala Natarajan looses her post in AIADMK - February 17, 2017
- Apple iPhone 8 to go completely button less - February 17, 2017
- Google To Remove Torrents Links says Reports - February 16, 2017
- February Telugu Movie Releases - February 12, 2017
- Room Temperature can charge your Phone and Wearables - February 12, 2017
- Rahul Gandhi questions Modi on Swiss Bank accounts - February 11, 2017
- Dasari Narayana Rao health critical, treated on ventilator - February 2, 2017
- My twitter replies are better than MP’s says Pawan Kalyan - January 31, 2017
- Hrithik Roshans Kaabil’s collections manipulated - January 29, 2017
- Chandrababu Denies permission for the protest - January 25, 2017