Prime Minister Narendra Modi was ranked among the top 10 most powerful people in the world by Forbes. The list has many big names that have influenced the world for the year. Russian President Vladimir Putin ranked number one in the Forbes list in a row for the fourth time followed by US President-elect Donald Trump.
Modi was ranked number 9 in the Forbes list. The list has 74 names from different parts of the world. Forbes said India’s populist Prime Minister remains hugely popular in his country of 1.3 billion people.
Forbes said ‘Modi has raised his profile as a global leader in recent years during official visits with Barack Obama and Xi Jinping. He has also emerged as a key figure in the international effort to tackle climate change, as planetary warming will deeply affect millions of his country’s rural and most vulnerable citizens.’
It also showed yet another reason for the rise in his popularity as demonetization that he has announced early November. It said that it has created a nationwide frenzy for him.
Narendra Modi among top 10 most powerful people in the world
Putin topped the list for the fourth time in a row as world’s most powerful person. US President Obama ranked 48 in the list.
It said ‘There are nearly 7.4 billion humans on planet Earth, but these 74 men and women make the world turn. Forbes’ annual ranking of the World’s Most Powerful People identifies one person out of every 100 million whose actions mean the most.’Forbes said Russia’s 64-year-old president has exerted his country’s influence in nearly every corner of the globe; from the motherland to Syria to the US presidential elections, continuing to “get what he wants”. Second place in the list is occupied by Trump.
For more updates follow us on our twitter handle @Newshub_India or bookmark by pressing Ctrl+D
- YSRCP MLA Roja kidnapped by AP Police: Claims YSRCP officials - February 11, 2017
- Singam 3 Movie Review, Rating and Storyline - February 9, 2017
- Arun Kumar appointed as CEO of KPMG INDIA - February 5, 2017
- Nenu Local Movie Review, Rating and Storyline - February 3, 2017
- Daggubati Venkatesh’s ‘GURU’ release postponed - January 29, 2017
- Virat focuses more on match and not Awards - January 25, 2017
- Kaabil Movie Review, Rating and Story plot-4/5 - January 24, 2017
- Raees Movie Review, Rating and Story Plot-4/5 - January 24, 2017
- After Rajni and Kamal, RGV now bashes other Jallikattu supporters - January 22, 2017
- Ram Gopal Varma bashes Rajnikanth and Kamal Hassan for supporting Jallikattu - January 21, 2017